Jamaica CAUSE

Jamaica CAUSE

Friday, January 20, 2017

PIERS MORGAN VERSUS RICK SANTORUM [PRO LIFE QUOTE & PRO CAPITAL PUNISHMENT QUOTE]



On Friday January 20, 2012, Piers Morgan sat down with GOP candidate Rick Santorum and his family for an in-depth interview in South Carolina.

 Piers Morgan (left) and Rick Santorum (right)
 
MORGAN: And they are looking at their daughter, saying, how can I deal with this, because if I make her have this baby, isn't it going to just ruin her life?

SANTORUM: Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn't have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn't, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I've always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created -- in the sense of rape -- but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you.

As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can't think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

(CROSSTALK)

MORGAN: How do you equate -- because I know that your position, I think -- and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you just believe in the sanctity of the innocence of life. How do you equate that with supporting the death penalty, given there are so many people who actually are completely innocent?

SANTORUM: Yes. I have supported mandatory DNA testing, and we have to be certain. I mean, if there's –

MORGAN: But we can't be, can we?

SANTORUM: Well, you can –

MORGAN: You can't be certain, as a commander in chief again, as the president, if you can't be certain and, in fact ,you know for a fact, many innocent people are being killed under this system, and you believe in the innocence of life and the sanctity and protection of life, isn't the right, consistent thing for you to be, to say, enough.

SANTORUM: Yes, I would say when there is certainty then -- and there are occasions when there is certainty. When there is certainty, that's the case that capital punishment can be used. If there is not certainty, under the law it shouldn't be used. If you do not have certainty, then capital punishment should not be available, period.

AUTHOR: Rick Santorum A.K.A Richard John "Rick" Santorum (born May 10, 1958) is an American author, attorney, and Republican Party politician.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment